REPUBLIC ACT NO. 4658 - AN ACT APPROPRIATING FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND PESOS TO DEFRAY THE EXPENSES OF THE PHILIPPINE PANEL TO THE REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES-UNITED STATES COMMISSION ON VETERANS CLAIMS
1. The sum of five hundred thousand pesos is hereby
appropriated, out of any funds in the National Treasury not otherwise
appropriated, to defray the expenses of the Philippine panel to the
Republic of the Philippines-United States Joint Commission on Veterans
Claims established pursuant to a joint communiquissued by the
President of the Philippines more particularly for the following
1. To pay the expenses of the Committee which has been helping the Philippine panel in research and in gathering evidence and in otherwise preparing for the negotiations on the claims of the Philippine Government and of the Filipino veterans against the Government of the United States arising from the participation of the Philippine Commonwealth Army in World War II.
2. To pay the compensation or salaries and allowances of the members of the Philippine panel and the Committee, as the President may determine, and the salaries and allowances of technical assistants, members of the clerical staff and other employees of the panel and the Committee as said panel or Committee may determine, and for traveling expenses, purchase or hire or repair of equipment, purchase of supplies and materials, expenses for cables and stamps, printing and binding, and such other necessary and incidental expenses in the operation and maintenance of offices and representation expenses of the members of the said Philippine panel.
3. To pay the expenses for the printing of the report of the Philippine panel which shall be submitted from time to time to the President of the Philippines, the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives on the progress of the negotiations and the final report to the aforementioned officials which shall be submitted within six months after the termination of the negotiations. Thirty days after the submission of the final report, the Philippine panel shall cease to exist, unless the President of the Philippines directs otherwise.
4. To pay for such expenses that may be incurred by the Philippine panel and the Committee in the performance of its mission.
Sec. 2. This Act shall take effect upon its approval.
Approved: June 17, 1966